Later in the day, we went to the Cloud Brocade factory. I thought I might be able to find a new table cloth for the table at home but found different things there. We took a tour of the factory and found out that the Emperor of the country had his robes made there. We also found out that it takes 8 hours to make 2 1/2 inches of silk. It was amazing to see how the silk was made. We bought a few things there.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
NanJing, Cloud Brocade and City Wall
We visited the Nanjing City wall in the morning. This is a wall that was built around the city to protect it from attacks from enemies. Each brick was made by hand and the maker had to write his name on it so that if the Emperor wasn't satisfied, the worker and brick would be destroyed. That seems very harsh but the wall is still standing after over 200 years.





Later in the day, we went to the Cloud Brocade factory. I thought I might be able to find a new table cloth for the table at home but found different things there. We took a tour of the factory and found out that the Emperor of the country had his robes made there. We also found out that it takes 8 hours to make 2 1/2 inches of silk. It was amazing to see how the silk was made. We bought a few things there.




Later in the day, we went to the Cloud Brocade factory. I thought I might be able to find a new table cloth for the table at home but found different things there. We took a tour of the factory and found out that the Emperor of the country had his robes made there. We also found out that it takes 8 hours to make 2 1/2 inches of silk. It was amazing to see how the silk was made. We bought a few things there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment