Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Maxx went to heaven


Yesterday was a horrible day when Russ and I took Maxx to the vet and had to put him to sleep. He declined very quickly. HE couldn't walk very well, was blind and deaf and had stopped eating. He would wet on himself as he couldn't get up to potty. His head was at an angle and his eyes were twitching. The vet told us he might have a brain tumor but we would have to do a great deal of tests to find out and it wouldn't prolong his life. Russ and I were with him. HE was given a sedative and then the injection that let him go to sleep. It was a very quick process and he was calm until the end. He was my pet/friend for almost 16 years and I will miss him greatly! Here is a picture of Maxx watching Sarah ride her bike for the first time.

No comments: